Payroll Currently is a monthly eNewsletter exclusively for APA members that contains timely and accurate information on new legislation affecting payroll, benefits, and human resources. Read concise explanations of the latest rules and regulations from the Internal Revenue Service, Social Security Administration, and other federal agencies. Relevant court decisions are also included. This information helps you understand the regulatory changes affecting payroll tax withholding, reporting, and depositing, and keep you in compliance.
Payroll Currently features include Inside Washington – the latest from the APA's Government Relations office, state and local news, and occasional special reports.
Payroll Currently readers were the first to learn about:
- The delay until 2020 for major revisions to Form W-4
- How the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act affected federal tax levies
- The exclusion of 2017 moving expenses paid in 2018
- Final regulations eliminating the automatic filing extension for Forms W-2 and 1099-MISC (reporting nonemployee compensation in Box 7)
- Monthly newsletter available electronically
- Topical indexes available with each issue
Payroll Currently is free to members as a benefit of APA membership.