Payroll Currently is a monthly eNewsletter exclusively for APA members that contains timely and accurate information on new legislation affecting payroll, benefits, and human resources. Read concise explanations of the latest rules and regulations from the Internal Revenue Service, Social Security Administration, and other federal agencies. Relevant court decisions are also included. This information helps you understand the regulatory changes affecting payroll tax withholding, reporting, and depositing, and keep you in compliance.
Payroll Currently features include Inside Washington – the latest from the APA's Government Relations office, state and local news, and occasional special reports.
Payroll Currently readers were the first to learn about:
- Sweeping tax reform with the passage of Public Law 115-97, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Release of the new withholding tables, which reflect changes made by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Form W-4 revisions and the new IRS withholding calculator
- Changes to tip pooling regulations
- Reissued DOL opinion letters
- Monthly newsletter available electronically
- Topical indexes available with each issue
Payroll Currently is free to members as a benefit of APA membership.