Payroll Currently is a monthly eNewsletter exclusively for APA members that contains timely and accurate information on new legislation affecting payroll, benefits, and human resources. Read concise explanations of the latest rules and regulations from the Internal Revenue Service, Social Security Administration, and other federal agencies. Relevant court decisions are also included. This information helps you understand the regulatory changes affecting payroll tax withholding, reporting, and depositing, and keep you in compliance.
Payroll Currently features include Inside Washington – the latest from the APA's Government Relations office, state and local news, and occasional special reports.
Payroll Currently readers were the first to learn:
- About a court decision blocking the increase in the minimum salary level for the “white collar” overtime exemption
- Efforts by Congress and the Trump administration to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act
- EEO-1 pay data collection was blocked
- Form I-9 revised and instructions updated
- Final rules issued for prepaid accounts that apply to payroll cards
- Monthly newsletter available electronically
- Topical indexes available with each issue
Payroll Currently is free to members as a benefit of APA membership.