Attend 2022 Payroll Leaders Conference for Next-Gen Training
Get ready for next-generation payroll training through four transformational certificate programs at the APA’s Payroll Leaders Conference (PLC). PLC returns to an in-person, live venue September 12-14, at The Inn at Penn in Philadelphia.
PLC’s exclusive certificate programs are ideal for global and stateside payroll professionals who want to increase their leadership and management skills or aspire to be leaders within their organizations. The conference, sponsored by DailyPay, will also announce this year’s Prism Awards, which recognize payroll and shared services departments exhibiting best practices in management, processes, technology, and more, as well as the Payroll Trailblazer Awards from DailyPay.
Four New Certificate Programs
Attendees can choose from one of four new certificate programs at PLC to improve their payroll education and training. The programs include: Winning Collaborations, Strategic Payroll Practices, Payroll System Selection and Implementation, and Advanced Global Payroll Management.
Check out each of these programs in more detail:
- Winning Collaborations—Be the Strategic MVP in Your Third-Party Relationships: Encourage long-term partnerships with your vendors using knowledge from this certificate program. Presented by Stephanie Salavejus, CPP, Vice President and COO at PenSoft, who will guide in-depth discussions on building the proper team, relationship management, contract negotiations, and more, so you can become a “most valuable player” in third-party and vendor relationships.
- Strategic Payroll Practices: Need insight into complex payroll taxation topics? This course, presented by Abbey Moran, CPP, Senior Leader of Global Payroll and Labor Accounting at Booze Allen Hamilton, covers many issues in developing a successful strategy to guide a payroll department, including operational effectiveness, employee development, emerging technologies, and more.
- Payroll System Selection and Implementation: Learn the steps required to successfully select and implement the correct payroll system and technology for your organization. Karen Ward, CPP, Director of Payroll Training at APA, leads attendees through the steps, including project plan development, tech installation, analyzing gaps in procedures and system features, system support after go-live, and much more.
- Advanced Global Payroll Management: Presented by Mary Holland, CPP, Chief Customer Officer at Payslip, this certificate program will dive deep into the comprehensive approach to the global payroll delivery model, the role culture plays, and the development of global payroll teams and career opportunities.
Attendees can earn up to 15 RCHs, 1.5 CEUs, or 17.5 CPE credits for these programs. No prerequisites or advance preparation is required.
"Attending the conference gave me the opportunity to have an open dialogue with my new supervisor about the complexities of payroll,” said Shannon Molden, Staff Accountant–Payroll at
MonoSol. “I learned that I am not alone in my struggles and most of the people I talked to encounter most of the same problems.”
PLC will kick off its Opening General Session on Monday, September 12, with Keynote Speaker Avish Parashar and his presentation, “Create a ‘Yes, and’ Experience!”
Parashar, a Motivational Improviser, will empower attendees with his high-energy, content-packed presentation to help lead and communicate change with a “Yes, And” experience. Attendees will learn how to improve engagement and relationships and unlock their “inner improviser” with Parashar’s guidance.
During the conference’s Closing General Session, Stephanie Ernsting, CPP, CPA, CMA, will address attendees with her presentation, “Mergers and Acquisitions—Surviving and Thriving in a New World.”
Ernsting, the Director of HR Shared Services at Amcor Flexibles North America, will share her journey through mergers and acquisitions and tips and tricks with attendees on how to thrive in the face of uncertainty during a merger or acquisition. The Closing General Session takes place on the afternoon of Tuesday, September 13.
The APA’s Strategic Payroll Leadership Task Force (SPLTF) will present the annual Prism Awards to innovative payroll and shared services departments of any size that have demonstrated best practices.
The Shared Services Prism Award is awarded for excellence in effective leadership in shared services, and Payroll Prisms are selected in the following categories: Overall Best Practices, Management, Processes, and Technology.
The Prism Awards will be presented during a luncheon on Tuesday, September 13.
Sponsored by DailyPay, the Payroll Trailblazer Awards, will recognize those in the payroll industry who coach others, recognize diversity, and drive business value. According to DailyPay, selections are based on the following criteria:
- Works in or leads a payroll team
- Advocates for diversity in the workplace
- Participates in APA events
- Ideally a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Ideally instituted innovative payroll processes
Nominate your organization’s payroll hero by September 9. Recipients will also be announced on September 13 as part of PLC.
Hotel Accommodations, Event Health and Safety Policies
Attendees can receive a special group rate when staying for PLC at The Inn at Penn (3600 Sansom St., Philadelphia) by calling for In-House Reservations at (215) 222-0200 and requesting the group rate for APA’s PLC. The last day to book reservations using the group rate is August 28.
Since April 1, the APA advises all attendees of the organization’s in-person events to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test. See APA’s current Health and Safety Policies and Event Policies for more information.
Register now to reserve your spot at the APA’s Payroll Leaders Conference.
Felicia DeInnocentiis is Editorial Assistant of Membership Publications for the APA.