Receive Expert Insight on Wage and Hour Issues
Join the APA for our upcoming #PayNews chat as experts discuss the latest developments in wage and hour issues on Thursday, August 12 at 3 p.m. EDT.
The hour-long discussion will be hosted by Dee Byrd, CPP, PHR, SHRM-CP, and Jim Medlock, CPP.
They’ll share their insight with you on the following questions:
- How do you deal with nondiscretionary bonus/commission paid to a nonexempt employee over a period of time longer than a workweek?
- How does your organization determine if an employee is exempt or nonexempt?
- How does your company manage workers under the age of 18/17/16/15 under the child labor laws?
- How does your organization calculate nonexempt employee's overtime hours? Manually, in the time and attendance system, or payroll system?
- What FLSA recordkeeping rules do you find difficult to understand?
- How do you ensure you are calculating the regular rate of pay for your non-exempt employees?
- Does your organization have different workweeks for different groups of employees? And if so, why have multiple workweeks?
- How do you ensure employees take meal breaks in the states that require meal breaks for nonexempt employees?
Join the online discussion directly on Twitter by searching for the hashtag #PayNews and following along on the "Latest" tab. Include the hashtag #paynews in your tweet replies to questions to be a part of the live conversation with your payroll peers.
Cynthia Crise is Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator for the APA.