Receive Expert Advice on How to Attract the Next Generation of Payroll Professionals
Join the APA for our upcoming #PayNews chat as experts discuss strategies for attracting the next generation of payroll professionals on Thursday, May 13 at 3 p.m. EDT.
The hour-long discussion will be hosted by Jon Schausten, CPP, Director of Payroll and HRIS at OneAmerica, and Gerard Hall, CPP, Senior Payroll Operations Manager at CBIZ.
- What is something you wish you’d known before starting your career in payroll?
- What is the best way to find a job in payroll? How did you get your first payroll job?
- After you obtain a payroll job, do you find there is a clear career progression? Why or why not?
- What advice would you give to someone starting their career in payroll?
- What is the biggest misconception about processing payroll?
- What specific skill sets do you identify as a good fit for someone looking to take the payroll career path? This could be both tangible and soft skills.
- What is the biggest obstacle that may be preventing future payroll practitioners from entering the profession?
- Many young professionals value benefits such as remote work and flexible schedules. Are these common benefits among payroll teams? What other benefits may attract new payroll pros?
- What advice would you give to a payroll pro who suddenly finds themselves promoted into a team leader role for the first time?
- What can the current generation of payroll professionals to do actively engage new payroll pros?
Join the online discussion directly on Twitter by searching for the hashtag #PayNews and following along on the "Latest" tab. Include the hashtag #paynews in your tweet replies to questions to be a part of the live conversation with your payroll peers.
Cynthia Crise is Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator for the APA.