Receive Expert Insight on Payroll Issues for Multi-State Employers
Join the APA for our upcoming #PayNews chat as experts discuss payroll compliance issues faced by multi-state employers on Thursday, April 8 at 3 p.m. EDT.
The hour-long discussion will be hosted by APA experts Lia Coniglio, Esq., Manager of State Payroll Information Resources, and Mavanee Anderson, Esq., Editor of Payroll Information Resources.
- What has been the biggest multi-state payroll challenge your company faced during COVID-19?
- Do you have employees working remotely from “new” states? How do you handle this?
- How do you keep up with the latest changes to state payroll laws/regs? What websites do you like to use?
- Have you had any UI tax challenges this year, with delays/changes to employer tax rates/info?
- How do you monitor the (ever-changing) state paid leave laws/regs/guidance related to COVID-19?
- Did more (or all) of your workforce work remotely more (or all) of the time during the pandemic? Will your company continue to allow remote work in the future?
- What payroll issues related to remote work—particularly remote work in new states—have you had to tackle during the pandemic?
- Does your company consider payroll-related issues when deciding where employees can work remotely? What are the most important/key issues?
- Does your time and attendance system track work locations in addition to hours worked? Have you had trouble keeping track of employee work locations during the pandemic?
- Are more employees requesting corrected W-2s this year? If so, are the changes related to remote work performed in additional states?
Join the online discussion directly on Twitter by searching for the hashtag #PayNews and following along on the "Latest" tab. Include the hashtag #paynews in your tweet replies to questions to be a part of the live conversation with your payroll peers.
Cynthia Crise is Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator for the APA.