Receive Expert Advice on Preparing for Year-End and 2021
Join the American Payroll Association (APA) for our upcoming virtual #PayNews chat as we discuss preparing for year-end and 2021 on Thursday, October 8 at 3 p.m. ET. The hour-long discussion will be hosted by Jim Medlock, CPP, and Karen Salemi, CPP.
They will share their insights with you on the following questions:
- What will be the most significant change to your 2020 year-end checklist from 2019 and why?
- When and how do you kick-off your year-end process?
- What other departments are you including as part of the year-end process?
- What changes will the COVID-19 legislation and Presidential Memorandum on employee social security tax deferral caused to your year-end plan?
- How has your reconciliations changed due to the COVID-19 legislation and Presidential Memorandum?
- What types of questions, if any, have you received from your employees concerning the new Form W-4?
- What is the game plan for handling the questions on how to complete the Form W-4 in 2020?
- How will working from home change your year-end work?
What have you done do encourage employees to consent to receive their W-2 forms electronically?
- What do you see as the most important aspect of the year-end process?
- What are some suggestions for payroll professionals performing year-end for the first time?
Cynthia Crise is Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator for the APA.