Social Security Administration Requests APA Member Assistance
The Social Security Administration (SSA) is piloting a new version of the Business Services Online (BSO) File Upload Process called the Employer Wage Reporting Journey (EWRJ). SSA is seeking 10 to 20 companies to use this pilot for tax year 2020 wage file (EFW2) submissions that will be uploaded to SSA in January 2021.
The EWRJ is different from the current file upload process in that it:
- Checks for errors in real time (other than name/SSN mismatches)
- Will reject the file in real time during the upload process if the file has any critical errors, will list the errors on screen, and inform the user to correct the error(s) before SSA can finish processing the file
- Provides conformation in real time when SSA finishes processing the file
Even though this is a pilot, you will upload your actual wage report file (EFW2) to SSA through BSO. You do not need to upload the file a second time through the current BSO File Upload Process. SSA will contact you after you upload your file using EWRJ to get your feedback on the process.
If you are interested in participating, email APA’s Director of Government Relations Alice Jacobsohn, Esq. at [email protected] by Friday, October 2, 2020, with:
- Contact name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Name of business
- Business employer identification number (EIN)
- Approximate number of files your business normally send to SSA
- Approximate number of Forms W-2 your business normally sends to SSA
Not a member of APA? Check out the many benefits you get when you join!
Alice P. Jacobsohn, Esq., is Director of Government Relations for APA.