Chat with Experts on Becoming a Master of Garnishments, Fringe Benefits
Join the American Payroll Association (APA) for our upcoming #PayNews chat as we discuss what it takes to keep up with changing garnishment laws and process fringe benefits on Thursday, July 9 at 3 p.m. EDT.
The hour-long discussion will be led by Larry White, CPP, Director of Payroll Training at APA, and Abbey Moran, CPP, Director of Global Payroll and Labor Accounting at Booz Allen Hamilton.
They’ll share their insight with you on the following questions:
- How are you handling garnishment mail during the shutdown?
- How are you tracking updated COVID-19 garnishment regulations?
- What communication/resources have you shared with your employees regarding COVID-19 garnishment updates?
- How has a remote workforce affected your garnishment processing?
- How far in advance do you report lump sum payments to child support agencies?
- Has your company offered new/expanded fringe benefits to help maintain a home office? How are you handling those benefits?
- What precautions have you implemented to protect sensitive information while you are working from home?
- Do you take advantage of the Special Accounting Rule by moving the reporting of certain benefits from the last two months of the current year to the following year?
- What is the strangest reason you’ve heard for why a fringe benefit should be non-taxable?
- How often do you record non-cash fringe benefits?
Cynthia Crise is Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator for the APA.