Special Edition Multi-State Webinar Covers COVID-19
On July 27, 29, and 31, APA’s Payroll Issues for Multi-State Employers—Special Edition Covering COVID-19 will be offered as a live, interactive webinar featuring information necessary to maintain compliance in every state in which you pay employees. There will be three sessions; each one takes place 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET (two hours with a five-minute break). This course will not be available on demand.
The course includes new state payroll compliance developments related to COVID-19, including:
- State and local changes to and guidance on paid sick/family leave, including new emergency paid leave requirements
- State and local predictive scheduling requirements and exceptions
- State withholding and nexus issues created by remote work arrangements
- Unemployment insurance requirements, including due date extensions for reporting and payment and relief from employer charges
- State garnishment suspensions during the public health emergency
- Plus a review of the course topics from the standard course
Not a member of APA? Check out the many benefits you get when you join!
Lia Coniglio, Esq., is Managing Editor of PayState Update and Manager of State Payroll Information Resources for the APA.