Take Your APA Certification Exam From Home or Office
The American Payroll Association (APA), in cooperation with Pearson VUE, has made the Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) and Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) exams available online. The online exams started May 27, 2020. FPC and CPP candidates can choose to test from home or office.
FPC and CPP examinations administered via online proctoring through August 29, 2020, will feature questions based on federal laws and regulations in effect as of January 1, 2019.
OnVUE, an online proctoring exam delivery system, leverages artificial intelligence, in combination with live monitoring, to ensure the FPC and CPP exams are protected using state-of-the-art technology. *
- Submit an FPC or CPP exam application
- Pay the fee for the online proctored exam
- Look for the “2020 FPC-Remote Exam” or the “2020 CPP-Remote Exam” on the APA store
- If you have already paid for an exam, email [email protected] to request a transfer to the online proctored exam
- Schedule your online proctored exam
- To test online effectively, candidates must meet the minimum system requirements prior to scheduling the exam
*NOTE: OnVUE exams are available to residents in North America only.
For questions, contact [email protected].
Candidates provide their own computer and a private room to take the exam, making certification testing more accessible than ever.
Kerry Cole is Senior Editor for Membership Publications at APA.