Uncover Your Inner Payroll Leader During Twitter Chat May 14
Join the American Payroll Association (APA) for our upcoming virtual #PayNews chat as we discuss what it takes to uncover your inner payroll leader on Thursday, May 14 at 3 p.m. EDT.
The hour-long discussion will be hosted by Jodi Parsons, CPP, former APA President and Director of Payroll for the Kansas City Royals, and Steve Hodgson, CPP, CPTD, Director of Learning and Development at APA.
During the hour-long conversation, these APA experts and your payroll peers will discuss the following questions:
- Do you think leaders are born to lead or can these qualities be learned?
- What is an important attribute of a successful leader?
- Do you have to be a supervisor or manager to be a leader?
- What does authentic leadership mean to you?
- What are the differences between leadership and management?
- Do you think personality traits impact leadership skills?
- Can effective leaders have poor communication skills?
- Are there any resources (books, podcasts, blogs, etc.) that have been helpful with your leadership growth?
- Why do you think mentoring is an important leadership skill?
- How do you continue to grow/develop as a leader?
Cynthia Crise is Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator for the APA.