Chat with Experts About the Future of Payroll Technology
Join the American Payroll Association (APA) for our upcoming #PayNews chat as we discuss current and future technologies that may impact your role as a payroll professional on Thursday, April 9 at 3 p.m. EDT.
The hour-long discussion will be hosted by Karen Settembrino, CPP, Principal Applications Engineer at Oracle, Tricia Benjamin, Senior HR/Payroll Technology Consultant at HR Works, and Kristin Johnson, CPP, Senior Payroll Consultant LE PATT at Workday. The three chat hosts are members of APA’s SPTLF Emerging Technologies Subcommittee, which communicates information about contemporary and emerging technologies to the APA membership.
During the hour-long conversation, experts and your payroll peers will discuss the following questions:
1. In light of what is happening in the world, what technology have you been using that could be perceived as a future technology for payroll? For example, the use of conference apps such as Zoom or file sharing apps such as Google Docs
2. Do you think mobile technology creates greater capabilities in a decentralized environment? For example, being able to approve time cards through the telephone or being able to run and manage payroll activity from a phone or tablet.
3. Working from home has presented a number of challenges for the payroll department. In what ways can Artificial Intelligence assist in making payroll processing easier?
4. Digital transformation is the buzzword that has been in the industry for a while. What does that terminology mean to you?
5. How do you see Robotic Process Automation (RPA) enhancing your payroll processing?
6. How can data analytics help you streamline your payroll processing and management?
7. Are you considering a move to a cloud-based system? Why or why not?
8. How do you see daily pay being incorporated into your current processing and do you envision offering daily pay in the future?
9. Do you foresee immediately available funds transmissions, like Zelle and Venmo, having an impact on paying employees?
10. How do you see the gig economy impacting your payroll administration?
Cynthia Crise is Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator for the American Payroll Association