APA Webinar to Explain Impact of COVID-19 on Payroll Compliance
On April 9, APA is offering a webinar, Understanding the Impact of COVID-19 on Federal and State Payroll Compliance, from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET. This 90-minute webinar will explain the unprecedented federal and state government actions related to COVID-19 impacting the payroll department.
During this webinar, you will learn:
- How new federal legislation is mandating and expanding paid sick/family leave
- Details about tax credits for employers covered by the new leave requirements
- What actions have been taken by IRS, SSA, DOL, USCIS, and OCSE related to COVID-19
- State and local changes to and guidance on paid sick/family leave, state disability insurance, predictive scheduling/reporting time, and unemployment insurance requirements
- State withholding and nexus issues created by employees' remote work arrangements
Attend this webinar to get your payroll questions related to COVID-19 answered. The cost for members is $99, for colleagues is $139, and for nonmembers is $169. Attendees will earn 1.5 RCHs, 0.15 CEU, or 1.5 CPE credits. Beginning April 23, the webinar on demand will be available (CPE credits are not available for webinars on demand).
Not a member of APA? Check out the many benefits you get when you join!
Curtis E. Tatum, Esq., is Director of Federal Payroll Compliance for the APA.