Chat with Experts About Your 2020 Certification Goals
Join the American Payroll Association (APA) for our upcoming #PayNews chat as we discuss how to study, prepare, and maintain your hard-earned certification on Thursday, March 12 at 3 p.m. EDT.
The hour-long discussion will be hosted by Sue Baptista, CPP, VP, Director of Payroll & HRIS at Havas Worldwide and Raeann Hofkin, CPP, Payroll Solutions Consultant. Both Sue and Raeann are members of APA’s Certification Item Development Task Force, which writes and suggests questions for the FPC and CPP exams.
- How has obtaining your FPC or CPP certification helped you in your professional career?
- What is the difference between the CPP and the FPC certification?
- Would you recommend self-study or guided study? Why or why not?
- What are your thoughts on utilizing online study groups?
- Are there any sample test available to help determine if you should sit for the FPC or the CPP?
- Why is becoming certified important to you?
- What are some of your favorite ways to earn recertification credits and how do you keep track of them?
- What types of opportunities does your employer provide you to obtain recertification credits?
- How do you promote certification to other colleagues?
- What is your best advice for studying or preparing for the FPC or CPP test?
Cynthia Crise is Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator for the APA.