APA Shines as Tax Withholding Subject Matter Expert
The APA is the nation’s leader in payroll education, publications, and training. Since the IRS released the 2020 Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate, and new Publication 15-T, Federal Income Tax Withholding Methods, this past December, APA has made its mark with the media as the subject matter expert on payroll-related income tax withholding.
Reporters across the nation contacted the APA asking many questions to help employees understand the significant changes to Form W-4.
“APA’s educational offerings, online resources, partnership with the Internal Revenue Service, and critical mission to help payroll professionals open the door for sharing information with the press,” said Alice Jacobsohn, Esq., APA’s Senior Manager of Government Relations. Jacobsohn was also a guest presenter at an IRS webinar about the 2020 Form W-4.
Approximately 150 articles were written about the release of the 2020 Form W-4—by journalists from Honolulu to the U.K. and all across America. This included major media outlets like the Associated Press, The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, The San Diego Union-Tribune, Forbes Online, and San Francisco Chronicle. Below is an example of some of the coverage:
- “What for W-4? Why you should care about the new tax form,” Associated Press
- “Check Out the New W-4 Tax Withholding Form. Really,” The New York Times
- “New W-4 is complex, intrusive,” Chicago Tribune
- “New IRS W-4 form could be confusing: What you need to know,” San Francisco Chronicle
- “IRS rolls out revamped W-4 tax withholding form,” Buffalo News
- “You Still Have Time to Save on Your Taxes,” Kiplinger magazine
- “Changes in Form W-4,” Ozarks.com (TV news interview)
APA released its own news about the final 2020 Form W-4 and has a wealth of resources available, including:
- A 2020 Form W-4 Compliance Hot Topic on its website that features a sample letter to employees, withholding scenarios, tools, articles, IRS resources, and education links
- Payroll Currently articles (for APA members)
- A webinar on demand, Unlocking the Mystery of the NEW Form W-4
- A two-part on demand webinar series: Avoid 2020 Form W-4 Anxiety and Disruption of Your Payroll Department
Mark Coindreau is Director of Public Relations, Video, and Chapter Relations for the APA.