Questions on New Form W-4, Pub. 15-T? Email APA, Watch Webinar for Answers
The 2020 Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate, will be significantly different than its predecessor and there will be a new IRS guide for employers (Publication 15-T, Federal Income Tax Withholding Methods). The APA stands ready to explain the changes with the most complete, comprehensive information in the industry in a two-part webinar coming in December.
“Avoid 2020 Form W-4 Anxiety and Disruption of Your Payroll Department” webinar series is slated for December 12 and 19 and will be taught by Michael O’Toole, Esq., APA’s In-House Counsel and Government Relations/Editorial Advisor, and the original author of The Payroll Source®.
Attendees can email questions in advance to [email protected] and APA experts will answer as many as they can during the webinar series. After the live webinar series, the APA will send attendees a follow-up document of answers to frequently asked questions.
The price for the webinar series is $249 for a member, $349 for a colleague, and $409 for a non-member. Attend the live webinar and then view the on demand version as many times as you want for review. Register today.
Part 1 Webinar Details
- “The Final 2020 Form W-4 Is Here. No Allowances, No Problem”
- Thursday, December 12, 1:00-2:30 p.m. ET
The IRS has substantially revised the 2020 Form W-4. It may be completed by an employee in five steps, and none of them involve allowances. Will your employees know what to do? Do they know how to use the IRS’s Tax Withholding Estimator? Do you know what to do if a new hire fails to complete a 2020 Form W-4 or wants to claim exempt from withholding?
This webinar examines the 2020 Form W-4 and instructions, along with the details you need to guide your payroll team and employees.
During this webinar, you will learn:
- How the 2020 form is different from previous forms
- Whether all employees need to submit 2020 Forms W-4
- How the IRS’s Tax Withholding Estimator can help your employees
- Ways to best communicate the changes to your employees
- How to get payroll and HR ready to onboard new employees
Part 2 Webinar Details
- “What Is Publication 15-T and How Do I Use It?”
- Thursday, December 19, 1:00-2:30 p.m. ET
The newest IRS guide for payroll professionals is Publication 15-T. It contains the wage-bracket and percentage method withholding tables, as well as new, detailed withholding procedures showing how to use information from Form W-4. All payroll professionals—even those who use a payroll service provider—must understand how to use the tables and apply them to their actual payrolls.
This webinar will provide you with clear examples of how to calculate withholding for employees with a Form W-4 from 2019 or earlier or a new 2020 Form W-4.
During this webinar you will learn:
- What is important for payroll professionals in IRS’s Publication 15-T
- How old and new Forms W-4 and Publication 15-T work together
- How to make sure your payroll system is compliant with the new rules
- Real life examples showing how to calculate employee withholding
- Guidance you can share with your payroll department
Not a member of APA? Check out the many benefits you get when you join!