Deadline to Apply for Education Grant Extended Through February 19
Fear not potential Education Grant applicants! We’ve extended the application deadline to February 19. Now, you have the extra time to apply for a payroll education grant!
You can see all of the grant requirements HERE.
You must be a current member in good standing of the APA and have a minimum of three years of work experience in the payroll field. Previous grant winners are not eligible to apply for another award until at least three years after receipt of their previous award.
Hints, Tips When Applying
- Complete the application
- Update your résumé and make sure everything is current
- Answer the questions as part of the application (Do not give one-sentence answers! The committee wants to get to know you.)
- Tell us about your professional, personal, and organizational growth, and your involvement in process improvements within your job, department, or organization
- List all of your volunteering outside of the APA
- Write a personal statement
- Make sure you have two solid letters of recommendation
It’s all up to you. Take the time to apply. We have an outstanding organization with great member benefits. Apply for an education grant and make it your time to shine!
And, if you don’t think you have the time nor the talent to apply, hear from two members who were Education Grant recipients last year (read “Career Advice” in the December 2018 and January 2019 PAYTECH issues).