Preparing to Enter the 2019 Chapter of the Year Contest
The 2019 Chapter of the Year Contest (COTY) allows chapters to showcase their successful enhancements, events, and operations. If you are a leader of an APA-affiliated chapter, enter the contest for an opportunity to receive top recognition from the APA! Below are some helpful tips on how to prepare your contest entry and better your chances of winning:
- Be proactive—Take a look at the COTY contest flyer posted on the APA website and start collecting information from your 2018 chapter events to include in the entry. Waiting until the last minute can lead to mistakes or missing information in your entry, so get started today!
- Know the contest rules—Read the Chapter of the Year Questionnaire and the contest guidelines to make sure your entry is complete and correctly formatted.
- Work as a team—Two heads are better than one so make the project a group effort. Form a committee to gather information or assign multiple individuals to review and provide feedback.
- Brag about your accomplishments—This is the time to let your chapter shine! Share all of your chapter’s achievements from 2018.
- Include photos—A picture says a thousand words. Include photos of your chapter activities to bring your entry to life and give the judges an inside look at your chapter events.
- Give your entry a second look—Proofread the entry for spelling and grammatical errors. Make sure all contest guidelines have been followed, all questions have been answered, and check for any confusing statements. Multiple pairs of eyes will help your entry thrive!
Chapter of the Year Contest entries are due on February 15, 2019.
Contact [email protected] with any questions you may have.