APA Offers Resources on Federal Tax Reform
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA; Pub. L. 115-97) will continue to impact payroll professionals in 2018 and beyond. To keep up with all of the changes, the APA offers resources on federal tax reform, including a dedicated webpage and an upcoming webinar in the APA’s Tax Reform Educational Series.
The APA regularly updates its Compliance Hot Topics webpage on Federal Tax Reform. It serves as a one-stop resource with links to the TCJA, tax reform-related IRS websites, APA publications that explain different aspects of the TCJA (free for members), and education links.
APA continues to offer its Tax Reform Educational Series. The next event will be on Thursday, September 27 when APA presents the webinar Tax Reform: Preparing for 2019 from 1:00-2:30 pm EDT. For those unable to attend the live webinar, it will be offered as a Webinar On Demand beginning on October 11.This webinar will explain what the IRS has done in 2018 to implement the TCJA and what changes may be in store in 2019.
Webinar attendees will learn:
- How the IRS is planning to change Form W-4 and the withholding calculator
- How to explain the 2019 Form W-4 to their employees
- How changes at the federal level may impact state income tax withholding
- The effect of the TCJA on the calculation of the amount of wages that are exempt from federal tax levies
- The effect of the TCJA on qualified moving expenses at both the federal and state level
Not a member of APA? Check out the many benefits you get when you join!