APA to Present Payroll Tax Forum
APA’s Payroll Tax Forum seminar provides a critical mid-year update on the latest payroll compliance changes coming from Congress and federal agencies. In addition to tax reform and general compliance issues, attendees will learn about the substantial revisions the IRS made on the draft 2019 Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate, in order to comply with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (Pub. L. 115-97).
Payroll Tax Forum attendees will learn about:
- Changes to tax rates, the standard deduction, and the elimination of the personal exemption.
- Substantial revisions made to the draft 2019 Form W-4 and the IRS’s withholding calculator, and why employees should check their withholdings.
- State responses to federal tax reform.
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s initiatives to resume issuing opinion letters and to institute a program to help resolve wage violations.
- Proposed regulations that could increase the number of information returns (e.g., Forms W-2, 1095-C, 1099 series) that are required to be filed electronically.
The one-day seminars are offered in 15 cities nationwide and will take place June 18-22. If you cannot attend Payroll Tax Forum in person, the four-class segments are also offered online as webinars, both live and on demand.
Not a member of APA? Check out the many benefits you get when you join!