Compliance, News & Resources on APA’s New Website
The American Payroll Association’s new website is packed with upgraded features for mobile devices and provides improved search functionality and organization and an enhanced overall user experience. The website contains even more information for payroll professionals with an updated Compliance section and a News & Resources section.
New features include: improved search functions so members can find benefits, products, and news items; mobile-first technology to make it easy to read on any device; and a Product Finder to narrow down needed information with just a click.
An updated Compliance section includes:
- Compliance Calendar—contains important payroll filing dates and information.
- Hot Topics—the latest news and information affecting payroll compliance. Federal tax reform is at the top of the list, followed by white collar exemptions, paycards, and multi-state taxation.
- Compliance Education—find education related to federal compliance, advanced compliance, and state and local compliance.
- Annual IRS & SSA Announcements—annually announced values from the Internal Revenue Service, including mileage rates, pension plan limits, qualified transportation fringe benefits, and per diem rates. Social Security Administration changes include the annual social security wage base amount.
- State Unemployment Wage Bases—download a chart of state unemployment insurance taxable wage bases from 2015 through 2018. The chart will be updated throughout the year as needed, and in the fall for 2019 wage base amounts.
News & Resources
The new website also allows members to subscribe to receive APA’s news directly in their inboxes. APA regularly updates its website with short descriptions of the latest federal, state, and local payroll compliance news. Other news categories include Chapter News, Inside APA, and Industry News. You can read the APA News and filter by news categories if you wish.
APA’s Resource Library compiles everything payroll professionals need to know in one convenient location. Government forms, publications, videos, and links are all available in this easy-to-use tool.
Tour the New Website