The Knowledge Assessment Calculator (KAC) is a web-based program with multiple levels of assessments populated with a payroll body of knowledge. KAC assessments can be used to assess payroll knowledge, as a team skill assessment, to provide practice for the CPP and FPC exams, or to prescreen job applicants about their payroll knowledge. Payroll managers and supervisors can offer KAC assessments to their entire staffs to assess departmental skills. Personalized assessment results provide performance evaluation opportunities and informed training decisions for each individual on the team.
How to Purchase Group KACs
1. You will use your APA credentials to log in and purchase. If you do not have any credentials, use the New User Signup on the APA website.
2. Once you have created your User ID and Password, you will go to www.payrollkac.com.
3. Log in with your APA credentials and select the log in button.
4. Then select Purchase assessment.
5. You will then be directed to the page where you will select Group or Individual Assessments and the number you wish to purchase.
6. Select group and enter the number of assessments, then select the Purchase Now button.
7. You will now be prompted to enter your Group Company Name, a description, and a group password. Then select the Register button.
For example: John Doe's group, Payroll department, Payroll123.
8. You will be redirected to the APA website to complete your purchase. Your assessments will be appear in the cart.
9. You will receive an email from [email protected]rollkac.americanpayroll.org with your group information to share.